Life is as complicated as one can make.The value of fact is depends on the nature of their effects.Thinking things through can be a great thing of course. But being an overthinker can result in becoming someone who stands still in life and sometimes may spoil the easy going life In becoming someone who self-sabotages the good things that happen in.
What Happens when You Overthink?
- You just can’t stop thinking about an event, a person, something that happened in the past, or on a problem. Instead of looking for a solution, taking initiative and being active, you just keep thinking and cannot get it out of your mind.
- At times, when something bad happens, you think about the worst scenarios, with thoughts like “what if?” or “why?”.
- You slip now and then into negative thinking patterns.
- You worry about past mistakes or current problems and issues, and how they might lead to negative outcomes.
- You obsess about or over-analyze your day-to-day experiences and interactions with people.
- You inflate every word, thought and event beyond really and reasonable proportions, reading into it things that aren’t actually there.
If this happens often, you are what psychologists call a ruminator, or over-thinker.Psychologists have found that over-thinking can be detrimental to performance, and lead to anxiety and depression.
How to Overcome Overthinking?
- There are various ways to get rid of this habit, like watching TV, playing video games or listening to music.
- Walking, swimming or exercising the body can also take your mind off temporarily from the habit overthinking. Anything that keeps your mind occupied with some activity that doesn’t allow you to overthink is okay.
- Ask yourself what steps you can take to learn from a mistake or avoid a future problem. Instead of asking why something happened, ask yourself what you can do about it behave like a man to action
- Counselling is about the thing is also very effective way to get rid out of overthinking.A Positive approach leads you to perfection.
- Writing, reading ,painting or doing creative things through which you can describe your inner feeling and state of mind.
The matter is that you might revert to overthinking – ruminating over and again. The above tips would help you, but if you want to completely overcome this habit, you will need to go one step further. You will need to learn to focus and calm down your mind, so that you can easily prevent it from revolving around the same thoughts over and again.